Today’s Saint is St. Ulrich of Augsburg:
Saint Ulrich of Augsburg (c. 890 – 4 July 973), sometimes spelled Uodalric or Odalrici, was Bishop of Augsburg and a leader of the Roman Catholic Church in Germany.
The full wiki on him can be found here. A couple of facts that I found interesting about St. Ulrich:
- He was the first Saint to be officially canonized by the Church
- As Bishop of Augsburg, he reformed schools and churches, and built new ones, in addition to monasteries
- While serving as Bishop he helped to bring peace between Emperor Otto I and his son Liudolf when the latter rebelled
- When the Maygars attacked Germany Ulrich acted as a general to help defend Augsburg; his actions were essential to protecting the city from being sacked when it was later beseiged
- He was known to have the highest moral character, and at least one letter was forged under his name to take advantage of that fact